Apply for the Teacher’s pedagogical studies (60 ECTS credits) 23rd January – 10th February 2023￼
Teacher’s pedagogical studies (60 ECTS credits) is an optional module in master’s degree programmes.
Pedagogical studies lead to the general teaching qualification in Finland. The application period for the studies beginning in autumn 2023 is from January 23rd to February 10th, 2023.
You can apply for the studies at the end of your bachelor’s degree and before beginning your master’s degree. You should have completed pedagogy 1 for your own instrument or voice, or similar pedagogy studies offered by your own department.
How to apply
- Read more about the Teacher’s pedagogical studies in the study guide. Join the info in zoom on January 24th at 10–11 am. Assi Karttunen, the teacher responsible for the module, talks about the pedagogical studies and answers your questions.
- Fill in the electronic application form by February 10th, 2023.
- Discuss including pedagogical studies in your master’s degree with your own study programme coordinator. What are your study plans and when are you going to graduate? The discussions are held between February 13th and March 3rd, 2023.
- Please note that if needed, you can apply for a continued right to study to complete your unfinished pedagogical studies after graduation.The continued right to study does not grant you the student status and benefits anymore. Read more about the residence permit.
- If the head of your department supports your application, you will be invited to an interview with the teacher responsible for the module. The interviews are held between March 13th and 24th, 2023. In the interview you will discuss your goals and motivation and receive study guidance.
- If the teacher responsible for the module approves your pedagogical studies, your study coordinator will confirm your updated individual study plan. After that you are ready to enrol to the courses of the next academic year 2023-24 in Peppi. Enrol between April 3rd and 21st, 2023.
- Lecturer, Early music, Sibelius Academy
- Coordinator, wellbeing and pedagogy studies, Academic affairs Sibelius Academy, Sibelius Academy