We have heard your passionate feedback! We completely reformed the use of the Turnitin plagiarism detection system.
The Turnitin system is now available for use on the Moodle platform. The most important reason for the reform was to make it easier for everyone at Uniarts Helsinki to check the originality of texts.
What does having the originality check in Moodle make possible?
1. Originality check of thesis projects
- Are you checking the originality of a thesis project? Do you want to make this process easier?
- Order a Moodle area that is specifically built for this purpose using our order form.
2. Originality check of texts
- This gives the members of the university community the opportunity to check the originality report on their own text and, if necessary, edit the references in the text.
- Test out and use the Finnish Moodle area for checking originality
- Test out and use the English Moodle area for checking originality
3. Originality check of texts as part of a Moodle course area
- It is possible to add originality check as part of the assignment in the task and discussion area activities in Moodle.
Are you currently using Turnitin Feedback Studio to check originality?
- You can continue using Feedback Studio as usual
Moodle will replace Feedback Studio in the beginning of the 2023-2024 academic year.
The Moodle team will contact all users of Turnitin Feedback Studio.
Turnitin instructions will be updated during the summer.
You can ask for user guidance and help:
We also welcome your feedback on the reform!